Istrolid Version 0.41.2 - Local AI
Aug 11, 2016
This release we have a variety of balance tweaks, along with some substantial features for players who enjoy using the AI.
Finally, copying ships no longer can be done trivially.
- Wave Guns. Wave guns are less able to lock units in placem and can now hit many units at once.
- Heavy PD. Bug fix, technically, but heavy PD’s reliability against large numbers of missiles should go up dramatically.
- 1x1 Reactor. 12 Tons to 10 Tons, helping it a bit at its role as a lightweight reactor.
- AI Save System. Your AIs can now be saved locally, and used as teammates or enemies in-game. Every player in-game can now add AIs in multiplayer games.
- Cloak AI. AI commands can now refer to cloaked ships specifically, or to being cloaked.
- Boss Rebalancing. Bosses were tweaked for more consistent difficulty and for less stupid behavior in specific circumstances.
- Creeping Hoard Redesign. Creeping hoard now gives the Spinal Mount, and has a bit higher difficulty.
Finally, Copying has been redesigned.
In multiplayer, copied ships now create an outline of the ship so you can immediately see its stats, but you will need to rebuild it in order to use the design. We feel this change will foster less simple copying, but still allow players to understand what the enemy is using and use the same strategies if they wish.